Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar's Nite !!

So 1 more year passed. Oscar's nite is almost like New Years...almost , like one of those days you just have to submit too. Not that I am fan of it all but I guess one has to look wazup in that world too, afterall it does spread sound , images and culture all over this little planet....

So , as my answer to this nite I would like to premier a song from a band I produced from Istanbul. I'm sure none of this gang were watching Oscar's nite. Not only because the time difference but simply because they're not interested in things that are vain...and in the end , it is all about vanity. The name of this band is Siyasiyabend .They were the featured band in Fatih Akin's movie called "Crossing the bridge" and this band has never released a cd before , although they have been playing the streets of Istanbul for the past 15 years. "I am honored , thank you to the Academy and thanks to all of you who made this all happen"..."My Oscar goes to the band Siyasiyabend ", from a great city called Istanbul . Nublu records will be proud of the release of this record in early April. I wish I had a proper translation to Murat's lyrics , I guess you all have to speak Turkish or I guess you just have to feel this man . Murat is as profound and brilliant as Jim Morrison in my opinion...a walking icon in the undergrounds of the alleys of Istanbul and a man who sits in cafees and discusses politic's and history with the elders, wrestles with the Police, literally, and fights for the peoples rights ...with his fists and his mind .

Power to the people .....



No comments: